Whether you’ve planned a camping trip well in advance, or the great outdoors is just calling your name on a fine morning—whenever the opportunity strikes to adventure, be ready to hit the road with the essentials.
For a day trip or an overnight, these are our recommended must-haves when heading out on a hike or camping trip:
- Food & water: Bring more water than you think you need, and protein rich snacks that have a good shelf life.
- Sun protection: Sunglasses, sun-protective clothes and sunscreen are vital.
- First aid: A good first aid kit that includes foot care and insect repellent.
- Navigation: A compass or GPS so you can find your way to safety.
- Light: A good headlamp or lantern with extra batteries.
- Fire: Matches, a lighter, and some dry tinder.
- Hiking Boots: Well-fitting waterproof and breathable footwear is key.
- Multi-tool: A sturdy multi-tool that includes a corkscrew.
A few bottles of 1000 Stories wines. Nothing compliments a campfire like our bold, delicious wines.