What’s better than flavorful chicken and fresh veggies? Giving them a good char on the grill to bring out their boldest flavors. Today, we have a recipe for you that is both delicious and perfect for sharing at your fall gatherings. We recommend grabbing a bottle of our 2020 Pinot Noir to share alongside these sizzling kabobs.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless, diced into cubes)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup red onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 Barbecue Skewers
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Combine the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano and 1/2 of the olive oil in a mixing bowl. Add in the cubed chicken breast and mix well. Place in the fridge and let marinate while you prep the vegetables.
- Dice the zucchini, yellow bell pepper, and red onion into large chunks. Toss in the remaining olive oil.
- Slide the marinated cubed chicken, zucchini, yellow bell pepper, red onion and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill the kabobs for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the kabobs from the grill and divide onto plates. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Store covered in an airtight container in the fridge up to three days.
Serving Size: One serving is equal to approximately two kabobs.
Serve Them With: Rice, quinoa, grilled potatoes and/or tzatziki sauce. Add to leafy greens to make a salad.
Vegan & Vegetarian: Omit the chicken and use marinated tofu or whole mushrooms instead.
Wooden Skewers: If grilling with wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water before using to avoid them catching fire on the grill.