Cocktails are an essential part of holiday celebrations. While celebrating the festivities with your friends and family this year, elevate the party by making a Mulled Red Wine Sangria using 1000 Stories Red Blend. This bourbon barrel-aged wine has rich and bold flavors that will take this festive cocktail to the next level.
- 1 bottle of 1000 Stories Red Blend
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 crisp apples in season green or red – 1 for mulled wine, 1 for fresh garnish
- 2 lemons – 1 for 1000 Stories mulled wine, 1 for fresh garnish
- 2 limes – 1 for 1000 Stories mulled wine, 1 for fresh garnish
- 1 orange
- 1 cup blackberries – ½ cup for mulled wine and the rest for fresh garnish
- 1 cup cranberries – ½ cup for mulled wine and ½ cup for fresh garnish
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick for each glass as a garnish and stir in for extra flavor
- 1 tsp. cloves
- In a pot, pour 1 bottle of 1000 Stories Red Blend, 1 cup apple cider and ¼ cup of honey. Add 1 tsp. of cloves in a loose tea infuser (or wrapped in cheesecloth and tied with baker’s string).
- Place a lid on top and simmer on very low heat for 20 minutes.
- While the 1000 Stories wine simmers with the cider, spices and honey, slice 1 apple, 1 orange, 1 lemon and 1 lime.
- When finished, pour mulled wine into a jug or container with sliced fruit, ½ cup of blackberries and ½ cup cranberries.
- Add ¼ cup of brandy, stir gently and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until cold.
- For garnish, thinly slice 1 lemon, 1 lime, and 1 apple. Add ice to glasses and pour sangria, adding some of the drunken fruit, and leaving some room for fresh fruit. Add blackberries, pomegranate seeds, cranberries, and sliced fruit.
- Other optional garnishes include:
- star anise
- herbal-floral garnish
- For an alternative recipe and inspiration check out Mulled Wine Christmas Sangria here.